Saturday, August 27, 2005

Addicted to...

wagging school. I'll explain that later. This week at school was.... just plain weird. If only I could plot my emotions on a graph, it would be exactly a graph that represents the level of economic activity in a certain country... there would be booms, contractions, recession and expansion. hahaaa... Go economics! Hmmm. Maybe I should create my own graph and it would represent the level of emotional activity of Lena in a week at school. ha. Talkin about eco...I got 20/20 for one of my trials essays!!! WOOOOT! So after all, studying for 4 chapters outa 22 chapters does help. But one thing I know for sure... is to never, ever underestimate the power of prayer. I reckon it's no use just praying 24/7 and not actually believing and having faith that what you're praying for will come to pass. :) yeap.

Anyways... back to my graph. hahaha. I guess the graph did come into being as a result of all the trials marks I've gotten back. I realised my expectations for all the the marks that I thought I'd deserved.. and what I actually got back in return... was um.. rather unexpected. haha. It seems as if whenever I expect just a pass, I get above average, and when I expect myself to get a really good mark, I do worse. Lesson of the day: Set your expectations not too high. Make it a little low. Then you'll be contented with the marks you receive. hahahahahaa. I wish I was more competitive... but I'm just not! ha. It's weird how some people can get so obsessed about trying to scab that one mark more just to beat the other and fight for that first rank. Honestly, I do admire them for doing that cuz it requires a fighting spirit? haha... and persistence and being strong-headed and!... an attitude of "I don't give a peas bout the bitchin behind my back bout how annoying people think I am for scabbing". BUT, being too competitive might have its pros and cons too. ahhhhh. But oh well. We're all individuals with characteristics that makes us all unique in our own way!

Ok... So I said I was addicted to wagging. And that is so true, considering I've driven outa school twice in 2 consecutive days on the last period and the next day, I uh... "slept in" and skipped the first lesson. I know I need to kick that habit.... but the thought of hangin out with my friends at gloria jeans coffee instead of sitting in class practically learning NOTHIN is just the most common-sensical thing to do? hahah. Plus... I always believe in self-study! :) It honestly works better! I should do home-study! DANG! hahahaa. Ok, I'm gonna try and be a good girl and not wag too many lessons next week... max... 1 lesson! Cuz... I think the teachers are gettin a lil pissed off at me for not turning up for lessons and I really don't feel comfortable lying to them. I know it's not settin a good example, and it's unacceptable... and unethical? ha. yess.. That shall be my new resolution for the next week. hee. AHHHHHHHHHHHH......it's saturday morning... which means mtv!!! ooooooohhhh la la... Can't wait to catch some cool dance moves! Have an awesome week guys!


Random thought: I realised... I do look forward to sundays too. (besides the point that its church day and I always can't wait for worship and sermon with digcers.) haha.... ahhhh. I'm weird. Ignore me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home